Mr Howard Klein
M.D., F.A.C.S., F.R.C.S.(C)
placeLeinster Chambers Level 1/249 Papanui Road, Strowan, Christchurch 8014, New Zealand
phone0800 647 6825
Mr Klein relocated to New Zealand in 2002 from Northern California where his practice was predominantly aesthetic in nature. He is married, has two children and lives in Christchurch.
Mr Klein has rooms in Christchurch and Dunedin and he holds regular public clinics in Invercargill. He is a consultant surgeon at St. Georges Hospital, Southern Cross Hospital and Mercy Hospital in Dunedin. He is also is an active member of the Plastic Surgery Unit at Christchurch Hospital.
Mr Klein graduated from the University of Louisville School of Medicine in the United States and received training in general surgery at McGill University in Canada. He completed plastic surgery training at Duke University.
He is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. He is also a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has written numerous chapters for major plastic surgery textbooks and has authored over twenty-five scientific publications.
Mr Klein is certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the Medical Council of New Zealand.
He is a member of the New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons, Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, New Zealand Foundation for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgery, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Mr. Klein is a member of the following organizations:
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASPRS)
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American Association of Hand Surgery
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS)
- As well as over ten other national and regional societies
- A committed vegetarian and endurance athlete, Mr. Klein firmly believes in the role of diet and exercise in a comprehensive program of fitness and well-being.