Common Documents

Proof of income

What we need is a recent payslip (within a month), one month bank statement or a letter from your employer stating your income. If you are self employed a recent set of accounts is usually needed.


Copy of your drivers licence. If you are not using a car as security then a copy of passport or other.

Credit card and settlement figures

If you have a credit card then you may have to send us a recent credit card statement. For hire purchase and personal loans you may need to have your finance company and fax through a settlement figure.

Statement of account or credit reference

We may ask you for a statement of account which you can easily obtain from a current or previous finance company. Just ask them to fax one through. This statement shows your payments going into that loan, and shows you are capable of paying off a new loan, which also helps you get the best interest rates.