Dr Steve Evans
BDS, FDSRCS (England)
place170 Collingwood Street, Hamilton Lake, Hamilton West 3204, New Zealand
phone07 839 1394
Born and educated in Christchurch, New Zealand, Steve completed a BSc at the University of Canterbury in 1969.
In 1975, he graduated with a BDS, University of Otago, and then spent one year as a Dental and Maxillofacial House Surgeon at Waikato Hospital in Hamilton. It was during this time, that Steve first became a member of the Waikato / Bay of Plenty Branch of the New Zealand Dental Association.
In 1975, he was a senior house officer in Oral & Maxillofacial surgery at Swindon District Hospital. He was Registrar at Odstock Regional Plastic and Maxillofacial Hospital Salisbury. He successfully sat the FDSRCS (England) Fellowship in 1980. He then became Senior Registrar in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Southampton General Hospital, he returned to New Zealand to begin as a Consultant in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Waikato Hospital, Hamilton part-time, and in private practice. He joined the Waikato / Bay of Plenty Branch of the New Zealand Dental Association. Steve has been past president of the Waikato / Bay of Plenty Branch of the New Zealand Dental Association.
- Clinical Director Maxillofacial Surgery - Waikato Hospital
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon – Private Practice
- NZ Representative for ANZAOMS Council (Australian & New Zealand Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons)
- Committee Member of Credentialing Committee RACDS
- Steve has a strong interest in community affairs. His main interest is being involved with the Order of St John in Hamilton.
- He was Knighted by the Queen in the Order in 2006 for his contributions to St John and the community
- Chairman, Regional Trust Board, Midland St. John
- Member of the Priory Trust Board (National Board of St. John)
Includes Fishing, Tennis and keeping fit and wine appeciation
Steve practices the full scope of the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery. He has special interests in the fields of traumatology, implantology, the surgical management of temporomandibular joint dysfunction, orthognathic surgery, oral pathology and oncology.
Member of Forensic Odontology Society
Steve’s private practice is team orientated and is committed to providing the highest level of quality service to patients.
The practice is committed to providing the highest level of clinical care in this specialty. They pride themselves in this commitment and aspire to offer modern and current treatment protocols.