Mr Cary G Mellow
MBChB, FRACS (Plastic)
place37 Green Lane East, Remuera, Auckland 1050, New Zealand
phone09 523 0573
Cosmetic & reconstructive plastic surgeon
Cary Mellow graduated from the Auckland University School of Medicine and trained as a Plastic Surgeon in New Zealand (Middlemore and Waikato Hospitals), gaining the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1987.
He spent two years further post-graduate training in Melbourne, Australia (as a Microsurgery and Hand Fellow) and Norfolk, Virginia, USA (as Fellow in Cosmetic Surgery).
He returned to New Zealand in 1989 and has worked in both public hospital and private practice since.
He is the Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer of the Plastic Surgery Unit at Middlemore Hospital, as well as being a Clinical lecturer with the Auckland University Medical School.
He has published 30 articles on Reconstructive Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery and has been an invited speaker at international Plastic Surgery meetings.
He is a member of the following organisations:
- New Zealand Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- New Zealand Foundation for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- New Zealand Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Australia and New Zealand Burns Association American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery